- 2020 CAMP CHANGES
- ● The camp duration will be 3 hours per day with no lunchtime – 10am to 1pm.
- ● Camp bookings will close at midnight on the Sunday before the camp start date. Walk-ons will not be permitted under any circumstance.
- ● There will be no late booking fee.
- ● There will be no Goalkeeper Only Section Camps. Goalkeepers can join mainstream Camps.
- ● All participants will be asked to complete a Health Declaration Form 48 hours before the camp starts.
- ● In the event of consistent poor weather conditions, participants may be sent home. Due to COVID-19 recommendations, they cannot be accommodated indoors.
The INTERSPORT Elverys FAI Summer Soccer School programme will enter its 24th year in 2020. Over the years, the camps have grown to become the largest programme in the Grassroots Department of the Football Association of Ireland.
The camps aim to provide children between the ages of 6 and 14 the opportunity to attend a week-long football summer camp over the holiday period. Every year boys and girls of all abilities turn out to enjoy five days of fun and football. It doesn’t matter if you’re just a beginner or if you have your sights set on Seamus Coleman’s number 2 shirt, or Katie McCabe’s number 10 shirt, you will have fun and learn a lot at the Summer Soccer Schools.
Football is, ultimately, a game and at the INTERSPORT Elverys FAI Summer Soccer Schools we believe games should be fun. While participants will learn new skills and tricks, the most important element of our camps is that they are fun and that all children enjoy them.
Our camps are fully inclusive, so if your child has a disability he/she is more than welcome. If your child requires additional assistance, no problem – we’ll get a coach in to specifically ensure that your son or daughter has a fantastic experience. Every child should have access to play football, and we recognise that sometimes it’s just a little extra assistance that will enable them to flourish.
We have had some famous graduates of the Summer Soccer Schools throughout the years. Shane Long, John O’Shea, Megan Campbell and Katie McCabe all attended their local Summer Soccer School as children and look at how much they’ve achieved in their football careers!